The Annual Practical Update for the Psychiatrist!
A unique practical course with Lectures and Discussion Forums
organised by Infomed Research and Training on Thursday 5 March 2020, at the Park Plaza County Hall Hotel, 1 Addington Street, London SE1 7RY
The course is for Consultant Psychiatrists working in General Psychiatry, Liaison Psychiatry, Old Age Psychiatry or Community Psychiatry. Programme at a level suitable for the Consultant and senior STs.
6x CPD Points – Certificates of Attendance will be given
Full course programme
About the course
The course aims at providing delegate with an update on medications used in the management of medical disorders which are highly relevant to Psychiatric practice.
A clear focus on newer medications and those medications with which most Psychiatrists will be familiar but for which new evidence is available
CPDs: Key for the revalidation process, provides 6 CPD points and Attendance Certificate
An excellent Faculty of leading consultants with a proven track record in the dissemination of medical know-how to front-line Psychiatrists.
They will deliver five lectures on: neuropharmacology; cardiovascular pharmacology; endocrine pharmacology and the pharmacology of diabetes; gastrointestinal pharmacology and hepato-pharmacology; and the clinical pharmacology of HIV
The lectures have a clear focus on the newer medications and medications for which new evidence is available. They examine the pharmacology and psychopharmacology detail indications and management, including:
- when they are used and how
- side effects relevant to psychiatric practice
- interactions with psychiatric medications
- relevant NICE and other guidelines
Five Discussion Forums based around the lecture topics
Detailed and practical discussion of grey cases in Psychiatric practice, in the clinic or on the wards, involving the medical specialities addressed in the lectures earlier in the day. Feel free to email, firstname.lastname@example.org, your own anonymised grey cases so you can benefit from a discussion in the Discussion Forums
Numbers are strictly limited in order to maximise interaction in the workshops.
Faculty members include
- Dr Giles Elrington, Consultant Neurologist, Oaks Hospital
- Dr Angela Bailey, Consultant in HIV/GU Medicine, St Mary’s Hospital, London
- Dr Dan Bromage, NIHR Clinical Lecturer and ST in Cardiology, King’s College London
- Dr Alison Wren, Consultant Endocrinologist, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London
- Prof Kevin Moore, Professor of Hepatology, UCL and Royal Free Hospital, London
Comments from delegates who attended the previous course
- Excellent quality and very interesting speakers
- Knowledge shared by presenters very interactively
- Lots of topics covered and lots of good/relevant information
- Excellent discussion forums, a good opportunity to enhance the lectures in a practical way
- Gained more confidence in managing psychiatry illness
- Yes, I will focus on physical health and testing more
- Good coverage, kept to time and well organised
- Good spread of relevant topics focused on what we psychiatrists need to know
- Course content very relevant to psychiatry
- Forums, discussion and Q&A so good.
- Good organisation, planning and content
- Impact? Lots! Big improvement. Excellent – better patient management now!
- A significant impact on my day to day clinical work as well as in my prescription skills
- Positive impact – I will take issues to medicines management group