The Annual Practical Update for the Psychiatrist!
A unique practical course with Lectures and Discussion Forums
organised by Infomed Research and Training on Friday 6 March 2020, at the Park Plaza County Hall Hotel, 1 Addington Street, London SE1 7RY
The course is for Consultant Psychiatrists working in General Psychiatry, Liaison Psychiatry, Old Age Psychiatry or Community Psychiatry. Programme at a level suitable for the Consultant and senior STs.
6x CPD Points – Certificates of Attendance will be given
Full course programme
Course fee includes lunch and refreshments, and attendance CPD certificate.
£315 (inc VAT)
if booking at the same time for this and the “Drugs for Medical Conditions” course (Thu 5 Mar 2020), £525 for the two courses. Coupon code: psyc2020
About the course
A practical focus on the assessment and management of difficult medical neurological disorders relevant to Psychiatric practice
Target Audience. The course is for Consultant Psychiatrists working in General Psychiatry, Liaison Psychiatry, Old Age Psychiatry or Community Psychiatry. Programme at a level suitable for the Consultant and senior STs.
CPDs: Key for the revalidation process, provides 6 CPD points and Attendance Certificate
Discussion Forums. Delegates split into groups and attend each of the two Forums in turn. Each Forum involves practical discussion of grey cases in Psychiatric practice, involving the topics addressed in the morning lectures – in depth analysis leading to what should the Psychiatrist do next?
Detailed and practical discussion of grey cases in Psychiatric practice, in the clinic or on the wards, involving the medical specialities addressed in the lectures earlier in the day. Feel free to email, firstname.lastname@example.org, your own anonymised grey cases so you can benefit from a discussion in the Discussion Forums
Numbers are strictly limited in order to maximise interaction in the workshops
Faculty members include
- Dr Biba Stanton, Consultant Neurologist, King’s College Hospital, London
- Dr Ivana Rosenzweig, Consultant Neuropsychiatrist, Institute of Psychiatry, London
- Dr Andrea Cavanna, Consultant in Behavioural Neurology, Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Foundation Trust
Comments from delegates who attended the previous course
- Good quality and very interesting speakers
- Lots of topics covered and lots of good/relevant information
- All relevant and good content and interaction
- Good speakers, support, good content and discussions
- Good to have the forums, discussion and Q&A
- Well organised and content
- Very good and engaging deliveries
- Neurology was very relevant to psychiatry
- A significant impact on my day to day clinical work as well as in my prescription skills