- We only ever ask for what we really need to know.
- We collect and use the personal data that you share with us transparently, honestly and fairly.
- We always respect your choices around the data that you share with us and the communication channels that you ask us to use.
- We put appropriate security measures in place to protect the personal data that you share.
- We never sell your data.
1. How we use the informationWe may use your information to:
- process your booking or subscription (including, for example, sending you confirmation of your booking and receipt);
- carry out our obligations arising from transactions or agreements entered into by you and us (for example, sending you information on how to access your course materials online);
- keep track of your queries or requests;
- contact you –by phone/text as well as email– in exceptional circumstances (for example: if you are on a waiting list for a course and a place has become available; or if you have expressed an interest in attending or an intention to attend a course but places on said course are about to run out);
- send you information that may be of interest to you, such as information about courses for that you have enquired about or that we believe may be of interest to you);
- tailor our educational activities to your needs (for example, when attending skills stations or workshops, to group you with others of similar experience, where appropriate and feasible);
- conduct research into the impact of our educational activities (for example, analysis of feedback form returns by speciality, by grade, by regional provenance, etc.);
- conduct research into the CPD needs (for example, we may contact you, especially if you know us well, to ask your views about proposed course programmes);
- conduct research into the impact of our marketing activities (for example, when you book on a course, we routinely ask where/how you first heard about the course, with a view to identifying effective promotional channels);
- notify you of important changes to our organisation.
2. What information do we collect?The type and amount of information we collect depends on why you are providing it. For course bookings we will usually ask you for your name, email address, job title, work affiliation (name of organisation), contact number, and whether you have any special needs or requirements, and where/how you first heard about the course. We may, should you require or prefer our invoice or your receipt to include a postal address, ask for your most appropriate postal address, be this a work address or a home address. For some courses, we may also ask you about:
- your previous relevant experience (for example, for some ultrasound courses, we may ask you whether you are an absolute beginner in ultrasound or have already some practical ultrasound experience)
3. Communications and marketingWhere you have provided us with your email address, we may contact you electronically to let you know about our events and/or activities that we consider may be of particular interest to you. In every communication you are reminded that you can very easily ask to be removed from any such future communications. We are almost always able to remove you from our e-mailing list or lists within 24 working hours.
4. Other disclosuresWe will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or in accordance with an order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service. We will disclose, not your Personal Information, but information on whether you attended or did not attend a course, if asked to do so by the relevant Royal College or association, as happens for example when such Royal College or association is undertaking an audit of a doctor’s CPD activities. For courses organised by Infomed, including courses organised in partnership or in collaboration with third parties, such as NHS Trusts or medical Colleges or medical association, we do not share your Information, except:
- where the partner is a medical association and course attendance entitles you to membership of said association, in which case your name, job title, affiliation and email address are shared with said association for its membership records;
- with course directors, who have access to the list of attendees for the course or courses that they direct, such lists including only your name, job title and affiliation and no other information.