A unique, practical online course with Lectures and Discussion
organised by Infomed Research and Training and taking place on Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 May 2020.
This course is aimed at Consultants, senior STs and SASGs in Psychiatry. The course has been reviewed in the light of the evaluation and suggestions of attendees at previous Updates. Programme at a level suitable for the Consultant and senior STs.
Following Coronavirus outbreak we have been monitoring the situation and following the uncertainty, recent travel restrictions, people self-isolation, non-availability of venues, etc, we will not be holding this course in London.
However, we are pleased to say that we are not cancelling the course and this is will be taking place on Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 May 2020 online hence will have the same great teaching provided direct to the comfort of your home/office.
Following the lecturers willingness to go ahead, the course will be livestream (on-line) to your home or office; the faculty have agreed either to lecture live on-line on the day, or provide the content which will be recorded a few days before, depending on their NHS duties at the time. They will be available on the day for Q&A sessions. Furthermore, you will also get access to recordings of the entire course afterwards to review at your leisure.
Please note that we shall contact subscribed delegates in the coming weeks with access details.
Other benefits to be accrued with this on-line course delivery include:
- You will not need to travel to London (saving on expensive travel and hotel costs)
- We provide full two-way interaction with all faculty and the rest of the audience for discussion
- Immediate access to online evaluation of the course and subsequently, your FULL CPD Certificate
- With your continued support, the cost of Infomed courses (and hence price) will begin to gradually decrease.
12 CPD credits
Key for the revalidation process, provides 6 CPD points PER DAY and an attendance certificate
Full course programme
About the course
A practical focus on the management of difficult medical disorders relevant to Psychiatric practice – what you won’t find in the textbooks
Detailed and practical discussion of grey cases in Psychiatric practice, in the clinic or on the wards, involving the medical specialities addressed in the lectures earlier in the day. Feel free to email, email@example.com, your own anonymised grey cases so you can benefit from a discussion in the Discussion Forums
Although this is an online course, the numbers are strictly limited in order to maximise online interaction in the workshops.
Faculty members include
- Dr Biba Stanton, Consultant Neurologist
- Janet Barter, Consultant in Sexual and Reproductive Health, Barts Health NHS Trust
- Dr Ceri Davies, Consultant Cardiologist, Barts Health NHS Trust
- Dr Lucy Garvey, Consultant in HIV/GU Medicine, St Mary’s Hospital, London
- Dr Bo Kim Tang, Locum Consultant in Perinatal Psychiatry, CNWL Perinatal Mental Health, Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Kevin Moore, Professor of Hepatology, University College London and Royal Free Hospital, London
- Dr Idris Harding, Fellow in Cardiac Electrophysiology & Devices, King’s College Hospital, London
What this year’s delegates have said!
- Met my CPD objectives and improved my confidence around identifying/managing physical health issues
- Increased my awareness of significant issues for clinical practice
- Excellent discussion forums with charismatic lecturers
- Great Infomed support, very informative course and rightly paced
- I had been trying to find a course like this for ages – I came after positive colleagues’ feedback
- Very efficient time management, course well-structured and discussion groups well organised
- I will feel more confidence when screening and treating patients on an acute psychiatric patient ward
- I’m now much more informed on medical issues in psychiatry