A practical ECG course organised by Infomed Research and Training, on Monday 28 January 2019, at the Park Plaza County Hall Hotel, 1 Addington Street, London SE1 7RY
The course is for Consultants, SASGs and senior STs working in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
The programme is pitched at a level suitable for the Consultant working in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Early bird rates
(if booking and paying on or before Fri 21 Sep 2018)
£295 (inc VAT)
(if booking and paying after Fri 21 Sep 2018)
£315 (inc VAT)
if booking for this and the “Medical Update for the Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist” (Thu 22 and Fri 23 November 2018), then £675 for the two courses (if booking on or before Fri 21 Sep) or £750 for the two courses (if booking after Fri 21 Sep). Please use coupon code ‘CAPSYC‘ at checkout.
Full course programme2019_01_paed_ecg_ca_psychiatry_programme_web
About this course
Places at this course are strictly limited so as to maximise interaction in the workshops
The course provides an update on how to read ECGs –the basics and beyond– with a focus on ECG abnormalities that are highly relevant to the practice of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist.
The course is NOT about how to take an ECGs, but about interpreting them.
Sessions will cover:
- What the Child Psychiatrist needs to know
- A systematic approach to interpreting an ECG
- Normal vs abnormal
- Abnormalities the Child Psychiatrist will normally see
- What the Child Psychiatrist should not miss
- Abnormal ECGs – clinical symptoms to look for, and key clinical questions to ask the patient
- ECG abnormalities related to psychiatric medication
- Abnormal ECG – expected outcomes and management, including medication management
- What ECG is contraindication to psychotropic medication?
- When to refer further to a specialist
Lectures and Workshops
Highly interactive lectures by Paediatric Cardiologists who are very familiar with the questions asked by the Child Psychiatrist, followed by workshops:
- cases – in the lectures and the workshops
- group work – exercises in ECG interpretation and reporting, putting into practice the techniques learned in the lectures, with immediate tutors’ feedback
- Feel free to complete the form below to submit your grey cases and email the actual (anonymised) ECGs to firstname.lastname@example.org, These will be considered for use in the discussion forums.