The most popular annual course since 2005, for Consultants in Emergency Medicine and Paediatrics who deal with paediatric patients presenting as an emergency, organised by Infomed Research and Training, on Tuesday 9 and Wednesday 10 October 2018, at LGA, 18 Smith Square, Westminster, London SW1P 3HZ (not at
UCH Education Centre, 250 Euston Road, London NW1 2PG, as originally advertised)
RCPCH has approved this activity for CPD in accordance with the current RCPCH CPD Guidelines.
Availability (last updated 17 Sept)
- Day one – Fully booked!
- Day two – Three places left
Early bird rates
(if booking and paying on or before Tue 31 July 2018)
£475 (inc VAT) for the two days;
£285 (inc VAT) daily rate.
(if booking and paying after Tue 31 July 2018)
£525 (inc VAT) for the two days;
£325 (inc VAT) daily rate.
You can now book this course and the ‘Paediatric Mental Health Update‘ on Fri 15 Mar 2019, then £695 for the two courses. Please use coupon code ‘PEMPMH‘ at checkout.[wpforms id=”25405″ title=”true” description=”true”]
Full course programme
About the course:
- A well-established course highly evaluated over many years.
- For Consultants, Registrars and Middle Grades from the General ED, Paediatrics and Paediatric ED, who deal with paediatric patients presenting as an emergency.
- Aimed at those who are looking for a comprehensive, fact filled and stimulating update.
- A practical focus on the most difficult aspects of paediatric emergencies that Doctors need to deal with daily in the critical first hours.
- Lectures and interactive Case Scenarios from leading Consultants in Paediatric Emergency Medicine and other specialties who are actually doing the job.
- Dr Ffion Davies, Consultant in Emergency Medicine, Leicester Royal Infirmary
- Mr Joe Curry, Consultant Paediatric Surgeon, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London
- Dr Scott Hackett, Consultant in Paediatric Allergy, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Birmingham Heartlands Hospital
- Dr Maria Sellars, Paediatric Radiology Consultant, King’s College Hospital, London
- Dr Giles Armstrong, Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine, Whittington Hospital, London
- Dr Marina Easty, Consultant Paediatric Radiologist, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
- Dr Gisela Robinson, Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine, Royal Derby Hospital
- Dr Chinedu Nwokoro, Consultant Respiratory Paediatrician, Barts Health NHS Trust, and Hon Clinical Senior Lecturer, Queen Mary University of London
- Dr Protima Amon, Consultant in Paediatric Gastroenterology, Royal London Hospital
- Dr Andrew Jones, CATS (Children’s Acute Transport Service) & PICU (Paediatric Intensive Care Unit) Consultant, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London)
- Dr Richard Paget, CATS (Children’s Acute Transport Service) Consultant, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
- Dr Ami Parikh, Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine and General Paediatrics, and Medical Lead for Simulation, Royal London Hospital
- Ms Jo Nixon, Medicolegal Adviser, MDU Services Limited
- Excellent lectures with knowledgeable and charismatic speakers
- Well delivered lectures and good discussion on topics
- This course will definitely improve my practice delivery
- Good updated evidence based discussions on various topics
- This course will improve my knowledge in clinical practice and enable me to work confidently and efficiently
- Very impressed with the lecturers – A/A* for all of them – thank you!!
- A well organised and trusted course
- This course will improve my clinical practice through knowledge of these topics and assist me to practice effectively
- I will take what I have learned back to my department and educate my junior colleagues
- Fantastic update of clinical paediatric topics
- Excellent sessions with case discussions and interactive element at the end
- I will definitely work with the current guidelines being used here and will try to introduce them in my department
- I feel more competent with the latest guidance and advances in paediatrics