A Practical Course for the Consultant and SASG General/Adult Psychiatrist on Thursday 13 September 2018, at the Grange Holborn Hotel, 50-60 Southampton Row, London WC1B 4AR
Book Online now Map to Venue
Early bird rates (if booking and paying on or before Monday 2 July 2018):
£295 (inc VAT)
Standard rates (if booking and paying after Monday 2 July 2018):
£315 (inc VAT)
Dr Ceri Davies, Consultant Cardiologist, Barts Health NHS Trust
Dr Ceri Davies has been running the Cardiovascular Discussion Forums at all of Infomed’s Updates for Psychiatrists since 2008 (Medical Updates and Drugs for Medical Conditions).
Full course programme2018_09_ecg_for_psychiatry_course_programme_web
About the course
The course is in response to demand from psychiatrists in the last year or so. It provides an update on how to read ECGs –the basics and beyond– with a focus on ECG abnormalities that are highly relevant to the practice of the General Psychiatrist.
This course is NOT about how to take ECGs, but about interpreting them.
- Normal vs abnormal.
- Abnormalities that the General Psychiatrist will normally see (not rare abnormalities seen once in a blue moon).
- What the General Psychiatrist should not miss.
- Abnormal ECGs – clinical symptoms to look for, and key clinical questions to ask the patient.
- ECG abnormalities related to psychiatric medication.
- Abnormal ECG – expected outcomes and management, including medication management.
- What ECG is contraindication to psychotropic medication?
- A systematic approach to interpreting an ECG.
The course is pitched at a level suitable for the Consultant working in General/Adult Psychiatry.
Highly interactive lectures by Cardiologists very familiar with the questions asked by the General Psychiatrist, followed by workshops:
- cases – in the lectures and the workshops
- group work – exercises in ECG interpretation and reporting, putting into practice the techniques learned in the lectures, with immediate feedback from expert tutors
- opportunity to bring your own ECG’s for interpretation