The series is pitched at a level suitable for the above audiences and those involved in interpreting MSK MRI in their clinical practice, and who are looking to excel in their knowledge and MRI interpretation skills in one or more specific joints, including Radiologists who are specialising or have specialised in MSK and are looking to develop further their skills in one or more specific joints.
About the series
- You will be taught by leading experts.
Faculty of practicing Consultant Musculoskeletal Radiologists from The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, all experts in their fields, with extensive experience in advanced MSK MRI imaging and teaching at a national and international level.
- The senior Faculty includes the authors of the highly appraised and well-known textbook and reference guide: Musculoskeletal MRI.
- Delegates attending all five days are entitled to a complimentary copy of Musculoskeletal MRI, 2nd edition, authored by the course directors.
- A cutting edge practical course, largely involving workstation case-based learning, supplemented with in depth lectures.
- Comprehensive – covering a full range of imaging topics relating to each respective joint.
- True peer interaction/learning – 2 attendees per iMac workstation and a limited number of delegates.
- Stimulating and challenging cases.
The series aims at providing Consultant Radiologists with an interest in Musculoskeletal and Orthopaedic Surgeons, with a series of practical and stimulating and cutting-edge MSK MRI study days, each providing in depth coverage of a major anatomic division or joint. Workstation case-based learning with challenging cases covering a full range of pathologies.
Each study day is stand-alone to ensure that delegates get an in-depth specialist knowledge of each joint. Delegates can choose to attend one, some or all dates in the series.
By the end of each course, the attendee will have:
- a comprehensive and in depth understanding of best practice in advanced MSK MRI imaging in the respective joint
- vastly improved MSK MRI interpretation skills
- greater confidence in his/her advanced MSK MRI practice
Lectures: short and sharp talks.
Interactive cases: the session lead gives a brief introduction, encouraging a systematic approach to interpretation, and then takes delegates through each case; for each case, the session lead prompts delegates –working in pairs at iMac workstations– to interpret each case, and then –on the big screen– feeds back to the whole group, highlighting top tips and take-home messages.
Each course day provides 6 CPD credits in accordance with the CPD Scheme of the Royal College of Radiologists. For all 5 Days: 30 CPD credits.