A practical update for Paediatricians on managing day-to-day common outpatient and ward clinical dilemmas and issues on Wednesday 8 and Thursday 9 June 2016, at the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, 5-11 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8SH
RCPCH has approved this activity for CPD in accordance with the current RCPCH CPD Guidelines. For attendees following a credits-based approach to CPD, this activity carries up to 11.5 CPD credits and has been allocated as follows:
8 June 2016: 6 CPD credits
9 June 2016: 5.5 CPD credits
Early bird rate (booking and paying before Mon 1 Feb 16)
£495 (inc. 20% VAT) – Both days
£280 (inc. 20% VAT) – Daily rate
Standard rate (booking and paying after Mon 1 Feb 16)
£525 (inc. 20% VAT) – Both days
£320 (inc. 20% VAT) – Daily rate
Full course programme2016_06_practical_paediatrics_course_programme_web
About the Course:
- Provide the busy Paediatrician with a comprehensive and stimulating update covering a range of topics highly relevant to day-to-day practice
- Aimed at Paediatric Consultants and Middle Grades with a practical focus on both the speciality and related disciplines that impact on it
- Faculty comprising leading Paediatricians and other specialists who are actually doing the job and can supply the expert, up-to-date and evidence-based information
- Draws on the know-how of key specialists in Paediatric Cardiology, Metabolic Medicine, Respiratory Medicine, Neurology, Gastroenterology, Surgery, Nephrology, Allergy, Rheumatology, Autism, Endocrinology, Neonatology and Obesity
- Advice to Paediatricians on ordering the appropriate investigations, interpreting the results and getting the right diagnosis and treatment
Dr James Gnanapragasam, Consultant Paediatric Cardiologist, Wessex Cardiac Unit, Southampton General Hospital
Dr Margaret Kaminska, Consultant in Paediatric Neurology and Neurodisability, Evelina Children’s Hospital, London
Dr Joe Curry, Consultant in Paediatric Surgery, GOSH, London
Prof Athimalaipet Ramanan, Consultant Paediatric Rheumatologist, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children
Dr Abhimanu Lall, Consultant Neonatologist, King’s College Hospital, London
Dr Chinedu Nwokoro, Consultant Respiratory Paediatrician, Barts Health NHS Trust, and Hon Clinical Senior Lecturer, Queen Mary University of London
Dr Alexandra Santos, Senior Clinical Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Paediatric Allergy, King’s College Hospital, London
Dr Scott Hackett, Consultant in Paediatric Infectious Diseases, Birmingham Heartlands Hospital
Dr Amaka Offiah, Reader in Paediatric MSK Imaging and Hon Consultant Paediatric Radiologist, University of Sheffield and Sheffield Children’s Hospital
Dr Fevronia Kiparissi, Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London and Honorary Senior Lecturer, Institute of Child Health, University College London
Dr Hugh Lemonde, Consultant in Paediatric Metabolic Medicine, Evelina Children’s Hospital, London
Dr Sandy Alatzoglou, Clinical Research Fellow in Paediatric Endocrinology, ICH, and Locum Consultant Paediatrician, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London
Dr William Mandy, Clinical Psychologist, UCL and GOSH, London
Dr Stephen Marks, Consultant Paediatric Nephrologist, GOSH, London
All of the lectures are structured so as the subject is fully expounded at a level suitable for the hands-on Paediatrician:
- The method – who to investigate and how
- The nuances – problems and solutions
- The Management Tips on treatment
- The critique – comments and interaction
Questions and answers session follows each lecture
Past delegates comments
- Excellent range of topics relevant to paediatricians.
- Experienced and knowledgeable lecturers – practical, to the point, well delivered
- Excellent group of speakers – pitched at the right level.
- Course slides online – excellent!
- Excellent general coverage for general paediatricians – top tips.
- All speakers gave high quality and interesting presentations covered good range of subjects.
- Sharp and enthusiastic speakers, informal day, allowing full discussion.
- Excellent choice of topics, dynamic/enthusiastic speakers very knowledgeable in their fields, well organised!
- Speakers kept things in perspective and practical. Very useful.
- So many new things learned that I can apply straight away in my practice!
- Inspiring for future practice and teaching.